SiPLAB, FCT-Universidade do Algarve, May 10-11, 2001
INFANTE - 3/3.1/TPAR/2042/95
INTIMATE - 2/2.1/MAR/1698/95 (ending)
ATOMS - PDCTM/P/MAR/15296/1999 (starting)
António Pascoal firstname.lastname@example.org
ISR - Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisboa, Portugal
Emanuel F. Coelho email@example.com
Instituto Hidrográfico, Lisboa, Portugal
Sérgio M. Jesussjesus@ualg.pt
CINTAL - Universidade do Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Paola Picco, firstname.lastname@example.org
ENEA - Italy
To present and discuss preliminary results of the INTIFANTE'00 sea trial
that took place from 9 to 29 October 2000, in the continental platform near
Setúbal, west coast of Portugal (see Intifante00
for more details).
The workshop will take place at the University of Algarve, Campus de
Gambelas, 8000 Faro, Portugal. See
here the map of the Campus: you can enter the Campus either by gate 14
or 15, the meeting will take place in the Library Building, which is no.6,
the main entrance of the Library is on the North side, to building number
Thursday - 10 May 2001
- 08:45 - reception at the entrance of the Campus Library
- 09:00 - "The Intifante'00 sea trial: objectives and achievements"
Sérgio Jesus, FCT-University of Algarve
- 09:30 - "The Brasilian Underwater Acoustics Programme", Cdr. Arthur
Bettega, Brasilian Navy, IPqM, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.
- 10:00 - Coffe break
- 10:30 - "TOMPACO project: passive coastal tomography and sound spped
profiles in the Mediterranean Sea", Paola Picco, ENEA, Itália
- 11:00 - "The potential of events 4,5 and 6 for passive tomography preliminary
testing", Sérgio Jesus, FCT-University of Algarve
- 11:30 - Discussion
- 12:00 - Lunch break at the VIP restaurant in the Campus
- 14:30 - "INFANTE: the Time-Reversal Mirror approach at low frequency"
António Silva, EST-University of Algarve
- 15:00 - "INFANTE: underwater communications ...", João Pedro
Gomes, ISR-IST, Lisboa.
- 15:30 - Coffe break
- 16:00 - "The DELFIM autonomous craft: system design and development,
and tests at sea.", Paulo Oliveira, António Pascoal, e Carlos Silvestre,
- 16:30 - Discussion
- 20:00 - Host diner at the ...
Friday - 11 May 2001
- 09:00 - "INTIFANTE'00: data overview", LtCdr. José Onofre, IH,
- 09:30 - "Internal tide normal mode oscillation during INTIFANTE'00",
Catarina Clemente, IH, Lisboa
- 10:00 - "INTIMATE: preliminary results on Events 2 and 3", Cristiano
Soares, FCT-University of Algarve
- 10:30 - Cofee break
- 11:00 - Discussion and prospects for upcoming experiments.
- 12:30 - Lunch break at the VIP restaurant in the Campus
last update on May 2, 2001